- 1 medium white or yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 cup green lentils, uncooked
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed (approx. 3–4 cups chopped)
- 6 cups lightly packed kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- Cook the onion and garlic in a few tablespoons of water or broth 5 minutes in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the curry powder, salt, ginger, tomato paste and cook a few more minutes, stirring.
- Add the lentils and broth, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the carrots and sweet potato and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until the carrots and sweet potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Stir in the kale, turn off the heat and let sit for a few minutes. If the lentils are soft and most of the liquid is absorbed, it’s ready!
Keywords: easy, winter, Fall, dinner, freezer
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 263
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 52 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 12 g