For the Bowls
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (or 1/2 cup cooked per bowl)
- 2 cups red lentils (or 1/2 cup cooked per bowl)
- 4 large carrots (or about 1/2 cup chopped per bowl)
- 4 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (or about 1 cup per bowl)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli (or about 1 cup chopped per bowl)
- salt and pepper and 1 tsp olive oil for roasting the squash and carrots
For the Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the peeled and cubed butternut squash and chopped carrot to a roasting tray. Add 1 tsp olive oil and a generous sprinkling of sea salt and pepper and use your hands to mix so everything is coated.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes until tender.
- In the meantime, steam the broccoli and cook the quinoa and lentils if you haven’t prepared them in advance (see notes for how to cook).
- To make the tahini sauce, whisk the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble, divide everything between 4 containers or bowls and serve right away. If you’re making this recipe in advance, store everything separately until just before serving.
To cook quinoa, bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1 cup uncooked quinoa, reduce heat to a light simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
To cook red lentils, bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1 cup dry lentils, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until tender.
The dressing makes enough for 4 bowls. Adjust the rest of the ingredients accordingly as extra dressing can be used in other recipes if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 524
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 88 g
- Fiber: 18 g
- Protein: 23 g
Keywords: lentil quinoa bowl, lentil bowl