A classic veggie and grain bowl that’s perfect for a wholesome dinner or healthy meal prep idea.
For the Bowls
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 4 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (or 1 medium squash, the amount doesn’t have to be exact)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed (approx. 2 cups cooked)
- 1 cup uncooked red lentils, rinsed (approx. 2 cups cooked)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
For the Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Preheat Oven: Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roast Squash and Carrot: Add the peeled and cubed butternut squash and chopped carrot to a roasting tray. Add 2 tsp olive oil and a generous sprinkling of sea salt and pepper and use your hands to mix so everything is coated. Roast for 35-45 minutes until tender.
- Cook the Quinoa: Rinse the quinoa well under cold water. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot. Add 1 cup uncooked quinoa, reduce heat to low, cover and lightly simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, let stand for 5 minutes with the lid on. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork.
- Cook Lentils: Rinse the red lentils. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium pot. Add 1 cup lentils, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Steam Broccoli: To make the broccoli, steam on the stovetop for 4-5 minutes until bright and tender-crisp.
- Make Tahini Sauce: To make the tahini sauce, mix everything but the water together until fully combined. Slowly add water 1-2 tbsp at a time until you have a smooth, creamy consistency. It should be thick but pourable.
- Assemble the Bowls: To assemble, divide everything between 4 containers or bowls and serve right away.
Assembled bowls can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave. Recommended to store the dressing separately until serving.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 524
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 88 g
- Fiber: 18 g
- Protein: 23 g
Keywords: lentil quinoa bowl, lentil bowl