Kale adds a serious nutritional punch to an already healthy dish: hummus! This hummus is packed with calcium, fibre, protein and all sorts of delicious. It takes less than 10 minutes to make and is great to have on hand as a dip or spread.
- 2 cups (100 g) kale, de-stemmed and torn into pieces
- 1 19 oz can or 2 cups (340 g) cooked chickpeas, well-rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup (45 g) olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup (65 g) tahini
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Add everything to a food processor or high-powered blender and process until smooth.
- Enjoy as a dip for raw veggies or crackers, as a spread in a sandwich or wrap or use a dollop on top of a fresh salad.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container.
- Serving Size: 80 g
- Calories: 173
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: green, healthy, homemade, easy