- 1 large white or yellow onion, diced (390 g)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots (175 g, approx. 1.5 cups chopped)
- 1 tsp each dried parsley and ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 head of cauliflower (775 g, approx. 7 cups chopped)
- 4 cups lightly packed, chopped, de-stemmed kale (120 g)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute the onions and garlic in a a few splashes of vegetable stock until they start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the chopped carrots, parsley and thyme. Cook a few more minutes, adding a bit more stock if needed so it doesn’t stick.
- Add in the vegetable stock and chopped cauliflower.
- Simmer until the cauliflower is tender.
- Place about 3/4 of the soup into a blender, leaving some pieces of carrot and cauliflower behind so it will be somewhat chunky.
- Process until smooth and then pour the blended soup back into the pot.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chopped kale. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving to allow kale to soften.
Nutrition information is for if you make 4 large servings of approximately 450 grams each. Feel free to make 5-6 smaller servings. If you make 6 servings out of this recipe, it will be 70 calories per serving with 14 g carbohydrates, 0 grams of fat and 4 grams of protein.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 102
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: kale cauliflower soup, healthy cauliflower soup, kale and cauliflower soup