- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil (15 mL)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (2 cups, 300 g)
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped (25 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped (20 g)
- 14 oz. package extra firm tofu, cubed (400 g)
- 1 can (19 oz.) crushed tomatoes (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) full-fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chopped onion, garlic and ginger and cut the tofu into approximately 1-inch cubes.
- Add the oil, onion, garlic and ginger in the Instant Pot and set to sauté function. Cook for about 1 minutes until fragrant, stirring often.
- Add tofu cubes and cook for another minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, spices and coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Close the lid, make sure the valve is turned to sealing and set high pressure for 5 minutes. It will take some time for the Instant Pot to come to pressure, then the 5-minute time will start.
- Once the timer goes off, release the pressure manually by carefully moving the valve to venting. Press the sauté. Let the sauce simmer until slightly reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or quinoa or with naan bread for dipping.
Storing: Let cool then store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days. Can be frozen up to 2 months and thawed overnight in the fridge. Reheated as needed on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Keywords: tofu tikka masala, instant pot tofu