This tasty rice pilaf makes a quick and easy dinner solution that’s ready in 40 minutes for a healthy side dish.
- 1 cup diced white onion (150 g)
- 1 cup peeled and diced carrot (150 g)
- 3 cloves minced garlic (12 g)
- 1 cup basmati rice, well rinsed (185 g)
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 green peas (130 g)
- 3/4 cup corn (130 g)
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot to the Instant Pot with 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth. Press “Saute” and cook the veggies for 5-6 minutes until softened and fragrant, stirring often.
- Add the rice and the rest of the vegetable broth. Seal the lid and make sure the Vent Knob is turned to “Sealing”. Press Pressure Cook and set the timer to 3 minutes. The Instant Pot will read “On” as it builds pressure. Once the pressure has built up, it will start the 3 minute timer.
- After the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes (no need to touch anything).
- After 15 minutes, move the Vent Knob to venting to make sure all pressure has been released, then carefully remove the lid.
- Stir in the peas and corn. Place the lid back on, no need to seal, and let set for 3-4 minutes to heat the peas and corn.
- Remove the lid and fluffy with a fork, breaking up any clumps then serve right away.
Veggie Options: Add up to 1 cup of chopped mushroom, celery, broccoli or cauliflower with the carrots and onion. Add up to 1 whole diced bell pepper with the peas and corn.
Storage: Let cool then store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freezer for up to 2 months. To serve, reheat in in the microwave or stovetop in a saucepan or skillet.
Peas and corn: Use fresh, frozen or canned. Rinse well if using canned. No need to thaw first if using frozen.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 7.8 g
- Sodium: 237 mg
- Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.1 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
Keywords: instant pot rice pilaf, vegan instant pot rice pilaf