- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 (3-4 tbsp) red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/2 package of extra firm or firm tofu (170 g)
- generous splash of tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp turmeric
- optional spices: 1/4 each of cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, try any or all of them!
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, more to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Warm a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onion and pepper to the pan and saute for a few minutes until the vegetables start to soften. I just add a little water to the pan at this point, if you prefer, you can use 1/2 tsp of olive oil for cooking.
- Add the tofu to the pan. I usually just throw it right in the pan and break it into piece with a spatular or wooden spoon. You can also crumble it with your hands or in a bowl using a fork.
- Mix the veggies and tofu then add in whatever spices you’re using, I like to use turmeric, salt, pepper. Add a few tablespoons of water to the pan.
- Cook, stirring, for about 5-7 minutes until the tofu is starting to brown and the pan is becoming dry. If the pan gets to dry while it’s cooking, just add 1 tbsp of water at at time, as needed.
- Add your favourite toppings such as avocado, hot sauce, scallions and serve!