- 1 cup packed, pitted dates (250 g pitted)
- hot water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, optional
- Add the pitted dates to a bowl and pour in about 1 cup of just boiled water or enough to cover them.
- Soak for 1-2 hours. At room temperature is fine.
- Scoop out at least 1/4 cup of the soaking liquid and set aside. Strain the dates, giving them a quick shake then adding to a blender or food processor.
- Add the 1/4 cup reserved water and if desired, a pinch of sea salt. Blend the dates until smooth. Depending on your blender, this may take a few minutes as you’ll have to stop and scrape the sides down as you go. If you have a powerful single-serve blender, it works better than a large blender container. A food processor works well too.
- Scoop the date paste into a sealable container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: how to make date paste, date paste recipe