- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cooked whole grain of choice such as farro, quinoa, brown rice, steel-cut oats or millet
- 1/4–1/2 cup dairy-free milk, as needed to reach desired consistency
- 2 tsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice, optional
- use coconut milk for the milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 small dates, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Add the cooked whole grain to a small pot with the milk and your choice of sweetener.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until heated through.
- Scoop into a bowl and enjoy with any additional toppings such as nuts, fruit, almond butter or coconut yogurt.
Nutrition facts include 3/4 cup cooked quinoa (other cooked grains have similar nutrition), 1/4 cup dairy-free milk and 2 tsp maple syrup. Adjust for what else you add to it.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 10 g
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
Keywords: whole grain porridge