- Add the onion, garlic and celery to a soup pot with a splash of the vegetable stock. Cook over medium heat until they start to soften.
- Add the spices, lemon and carrot and continue cooking and stirring for another few minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer gently until all the vegetables are soft and tender, approximately 25 minutes.
- Either use an immersion blender in pot and blend about half of it, leaving plenty of chunky pieces behind or carefully scoop about half of the soup into a blender and puree until smooth then add back into the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with fresh parsley.