This chunky but thick and creamy soup is full of flavour and nutrition but also healthy and low in fat! Enjoy with a big slice of toasted sourdough bread for a filling and delicious plant-based meal.
- 2 cups diced white onion (1 medium onion)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups chopped celery (3 medium ribs)
- 1 heaping cup peeled and chopped carrot (3 medium carrots)
- 1/2 tsp each dried parsley and thyme
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 2 heaping cups peeled and cubed potato (1 large russet potato)
- 4.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- spritz of fresh lemon juice, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute Aromatics: Add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery to a soup pot with 1/4 cup vegetable broth and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until they start to soften and become fragrant, about 6 minutes.
- Add Herbs: Stir in the dried herbs and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add Potato and Cauliflower: Add the potato, cauliflower and broth and simmer lightly for 15 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Blend: Carefully scoop about half the soup into a blender and mix until smooth. Make sure you allow the steam to escape as you blend. Pour back in the pot with the remaining, unblended soup. You can also use an immersion blender directly in the pot until you reach your desired consistency.
- Add Peas: Stir in the green peas, give it a spritz of fresh lemon juice and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve right away or store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
See post for Instant Pot method.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 88
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: cauliflower potato soup, cauliflower potato carrot soup