It’s actually quite easy to make veggie versions of your favourite foods, all it takes is a bit of creativity and a few spices! If you love burritos you’ll love these easy, veggie-loaded burrito wraps. These Healthy Vegan Veggie Burritos are easy to make and feature delicious sautéed zucchini and black beans for a delicious and nutritious plant-based meal.
Healthy Vegan Veggie Burritos
Feel free to use your choice of cheese or omit it all together. I used soy cheese in this today, which I almost never eat but I really wanted something cheesy and melty for that extra comfort-food feel. I also added salsa, guacamole, lettuce and diced peppers but you can add whatever other filling you can think of.
This healthy veggie burrito is very filling and easy to make with simple ingredients, making it a perfect weeknight dinner. Try varying the toppings, you could add grated carrot, sprouts, fresh tomato, whatever you like! Enjoy!Print
Healthy Veggie Burritos
These flavourful, tasty Mexican-inspired wraps are chock full of vitamins, fibre and protein. They’re easy to make with simple ingredients making them perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 3 zucchinis, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- olive oil for sautéing
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 cans of black beans, drained and well-rinsed
- guacamole or avocado
- soy cheese
- diced red pepper
- Add the zucchini, garlic, onion, jalapeño, olive oil and spices to a pan and cook for about 10-15 minutes on medium heat, stirring often.
- Add the black beans to a separate frying pan and heat throughly on medium heat, stirring and mashing
- Meanwhile, layer guacamole and salsa into a wrap.
- Add the heated beans and cooked zucchini.
- Top with cheese, lettuce, red pepper and lime.
- Wrap it up and eat!
- Makes approximately 6 large burritos or 8 smaller ones.