For the Tofu Scramble
- 4 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- heaping 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 a red pepper, diced
- 1 package of extra-firm or pressed tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp each: cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and turmeric, mixed with 3 tsp of water
To Make the Burritos
- 5 large tortillas
- 1 cup drained and rinsed black beans or pinto beans, or refried beans
- filling ideas: shredded lettuce, salsa, avocado, cilantro
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic, red onion, red pepper and mushrooms and cook until the onions and mushrooms start to soften, about 6 or 7 minutes. Add a little water if needed.
- Add the crumbled tofu and spice mixture to the pan.
- Stir well to mix it all up and cook until the tofu is heated through.
- Heat up the refried beans (optional, I added mine cold).
- Prepare the wraps with a few generous spoonfuls of beans, lettuce, cilantro, avocado, salsa and a big scoop of the tofu scramble. Spritz with lime juice.
- Wrap it up and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan breakfast burritos, tofu scramble burritos