Healthy Rice Crispy Treats
These healthy rice crispy treats are easy to make with just a handful of wholesome ingredients and make the perfect sweet treat to stash in the freezer for a quick snack or dessert.
My Favourite Cereal
These yummy bars are made with One Degree Sprouted Brown Rice Crisps. You can use the Brown Rice Crisps, Brown Rice Cacao Crisps or a mixture of the two like I did!
One Degree Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crisps are my favourite cereal and I was buying them long before my partnership with One Degree Organics. They taste amazing and you get all the great health benefits of sprouted brown rice with delicious cacao and coconut palm sugar.
The flavour is perfect and they’re my go-to cereal for snacking, breakfast, smoothie bowl topping and of course, making healthy rice crispy squares! Plus, they’re chocolate and you can’t beat that.
I love that they’re low in sugar and made with wholesome ingredients that One Degree Organics is completely transparent about. You can read exactly where every ingredient came from which is just the coolest thing ever!
How to Make Healthier Rice Crispy Squares
Traditional rice crispy squares are made with butter and marshmallows. This healthier, plant-based version of the family favourite is made with pure maple syrup and tahini, making them vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and refined sugar-free.
Making them couldn’t be easier either. Simply heat the maple syrup and tahini until smooth and creamy, bring to a very light boil, then mix with One Degree Sprouted Brown Rice Crisps, press into a pan, then freeze to set the bars before slicing into squares and enjoying.
They’re crispy, perfectly sweet with a hint of sea salt and kids and adults alike will love them! I like to make a batch and store them in the freezer for a chilled after dinner dessert.
Nut Butter Options
I used tahini in these to keep them nut-free and allergen-friendly, however, you can also use peanut butter, almond butter or sunflower seed butter as an alternative. I’ve made them with sunflower seed butter and they were delicious and of course, peanut butter is a classic.
These healthier rice crispy treats are plant-based, nut-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and you’ll need just 4 simple ingredients to make them. Kids and adults will love these sweet, crunchy bars.
- One Degree Brown Rice Crisps or Cacao Crisps (or both!)
- Tahini or another nut or seed butter of choice – try them with sunflower seed butter!
- Maple Syrup
This is a sponsored post by One Degree Organic Foods. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal view.
More Recipes Like This
If you enjoy these healthy rice crispies, you’ll like these too:Print
- Prepare an approximately 8×8 inch baking pan with by lining it with parchment paper, rubbing it with a dab of coconut or olive oil or spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the cereal to a medium to large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together the tahini, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt until smooth, creamy then bring to a very light boil. This should take about 6-7 minutes. Once you see a couple of bubbles pop through, take it off the heat right away. Whisk often throughout heating.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal and stir to combine until all the crisps are coated.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared baking pan and use a spatula to evenly press it into the pan.
- Use a piece of parchment or wax paper on top to firmly press it into the pan (the mixture will be a little sticky, so it’s hard to do with your hands).
- Once firmly pressed into the pan, place in the freezer for 2 hours to firm.
- Cut into 16-20 squares and enjoy.
- Store these in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 4 months.
Keywords: easy, no-bake, bars, gluten-free, oil-free