- 6 medium carrots, sliced with a julienne peeler
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn
- 1 loosely packed cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1–2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 5–8 drops liquid stevia, or 1-2 tbsp or maple syrup or agave (Buy here)
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the BBQ Baked Tofu
- Ideally, press tofu first but wrapping the entire block in a dish towel and placing a few heavy objects on top. Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cube tofu and add to a bowl with all other tofu ingredients, mix well.
- Spread tofu on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- To make the sala, add all ingredients to a big bowl.
- Mix well and serve topped with baked BBQ tofu! (See recipe below)
I’ve also served this salad with a vegan ranch dressing made from approximately 2 tbsp of tahini, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tsp onion powder, 2 tbsp hemp seeds, sea salt, apple cider vinegar and a bit of almond milk to adjust the consistency. Blend until smooth. That was also delicious but I decided to keep the main recipe very simple.
When I made this dressing, I served the slaw over a bed of chopped romaine and topped with the tofu below. It was awesome!
BUY A JULIENNE PEELER HERE– Under $10
Keywords: carrot slaw