For the Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados (firm with a bit of give but not too soft)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 a large red or white onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small tomato, finely diced
- 1/2 a jalapeno, de-seeded and minced (reduce or omit if you don’t want it spicy)
- handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- sea salt to taste
For the Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 4 small or 2 medium/large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup black beans
To Make the Guacamole
- Mash the avocado in a bowl and add the lime juice to prevent it from browning. Start with the juice from 1/2 a lime.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. If desired, add the other half of the lime to adjust the consistency.
- Season with sea salt.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight sealed container for 1-2 days (see note).
To Make the Baked Sweet Potato
- If your sweet potatoes are small, piece them with a fork and bake on a baking pan at 400 degrees until tender, approximately 40 minutes. If your sweet potatoes are large, cut them in half, rub a tiny bit of oil on them and bake them face down on a baking sheet at 400 degrees until tender, approximately 30-40 minutes.
To Assemble the Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Slice open the sweet potatoes (or if they were large and cut in half, just place on a plate or in a bowl) then load them up with guacamole and sprinkle with black beans and any other additional toppings
Keywords: easy, healthy, plant-based, oil-free, gluten-free