These fun green pancakes pack in 34 grams of plant-based protein and 12 grams of fibre per serving! They’re easy to make in the blender, have a light, fluffy texture and taste amazing and are the perfect post-workout meal topped with blueberries and banana.
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (62 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- handful of fresh spinach (35 g)
- 1 serving vegan vanilla protein powder (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon unprocessed stevia (optional, unprocessed stevia is green in colour and the ideal choice but processed stevia works too)
- 1/2 cup water
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth. Be careful not to add too much water or they won’t be as fluffy or cook as well.
- Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes. While it’s resting, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Spray the pan with some non-stick cooking spray then scoop the batter into the pan to form 6 small pancakes. You can vary the size if you want, it should make either 3 large pancakes, 4-5 medium ones or 6 small ones.
- Let them cook until there are some bubbles in the batter and they’re starting to look fluffy and cooked around the edges. Flip and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Serve right away.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 338
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 34 g
Keywords: vegan spinach pancakes, green pancakes, chickpea flour pancakes