This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Renew Life Formulas. All opinions are 100% mine.
I was recently contacted by the team behind the Renew Life Skinny Gut Ultimate Shakes and I must say that at first I was a little skeptical. However, upon further research I was pleasantly surprised by the list of ingredients and was interested in giving it a try.
I’m always on the look out for a high-quality, great-tasting, vegan protein shake and I was really impressed with both the taste and texture of this product.
The Skinny Gut Ultimate Shake features:
- 20 grams of Organic, Grain-free Protein from seeds and legumes to help build muscle*
- 10 grams of Prebiotic Organic Fiber, including acacia fiber, to help curb appetite by helping you feel full*
- 10 Billion live Ultimate Flora™ Probiotic cultures providing specially selected strains to support healthy gut balance*
- Organic Fruit and Veggie Antioxidant blend plus vitamins and minerals to nourish cells.*
- Full-spectrum Digestive Enzyme blend to support healthy digestion and help optimize nutrient availability.*
- Available in 2 flavors: Renew Life Skinny Gut Vanilla Shake, Renew Life Skinny Gut Chocolate Shake
- Low fat and low calorie
- No Artificial Ingredients or Preservatives
- No Added Sugar
- Gluten & Dairy Free
- No GMOs
I’ve been using the Skinny Gut Ultimate Shake over the last few weeks and was happy with how it mixed in to smoothies, oatmeal and other recipes. I’ve been adding it to my chia seed oats every morning and have tried it in a number of smoothies, like the Green Vanilla Caramel Smoothie below.
It mixes in nicely and provides a subtly sweet vanilla flavor. I’ve also been using it as a post-workout recovery drink mixed just with water and I don’t mind the taste at all. A lot of plant-based proteins are very gritty but the texture of this was very smooth.Print
- 4 medjool dates
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large frozen banana, cut into chucks
- 1 scoop Renew Liife Skinny Gut Vanilla Shake
- 1 large handful fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp cashew butter (optional)
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Add the dates and the rest of the ingredients in to a high-powered blender and mix until completely smooth.
The Renew Life Skinny Gut Shake promotes how to balance the good and bad bacteria in the digestive tract to help achieve healthy weight goals. It’s a new way of eating that helps curb appetite and cravings.* It encourages the reduction of sugar intake along with an increase of protein, fiber, probiotics and living, fermented foods.* I’ve been doing some more research on the importance of healthy digestion lately and I really think it’s a key factor contributing to overall health.
You’ll enjoy the convenience and great taste of organic, grain-free shakes, which are packed full of protein, probiotics, prebiotic soluble fiber, and digestive enzymes, and the organic, soluble fiber formulas easily mix into beverages or soft foods.* Renew Life Skinny Gut products are the perfect supplements to feed your Skinny Gut and help promote digestive balance to achieve your ideal weight!*†
While I’m not trying to lose weight, I like to use protein supplements both post-workout, as a snack and to increase the protein content in recipes. While I believe in whole food first when it comes to nourishment, I do use some supplements for convenience and to cover any nutritional gaps I might be missing.
Healthy weight loss must be based on a solid, sustainable, whole food nutrition plan combined with exercise but I do think there’s a place for supplements in helping to reach your goals. Don’t forget, supplements are for supplementing your diet, not replacing whole foods. For my busy and very active lifestyle, the convenience of 20 grams of organic, plant-based, grain-free protein is often a welcome addition for a quick snack, post-workout recovery shake or breakfast on-the-go.
†Skinny Gut nutritional supplements, along with lifestyle changes, promote digestive system balance to help achieve your ideal weight. / *These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.