Green Mango Smoothie Bowl
This green mango smoothie bowl is high in protein, perfectly thick and creamy, and makes a delicious and energizing snack, breakfast, or dessert.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- frozen banana – peel and freeze some chunks of banana prior to making the recipe
- frozen mango – I buy frozen mango but you could also freeze your own fresh mango, fresh mango also works in the recipe but it will be creamier if you use frozen
- vegan protein powder – I recommend North Coast Naturals, NuZest or Vega Performance Protein but use whatever kind you like
- plant-based milk – anything goes – oat, almond, soy etc., you can also just use water
- chlorella or spirulina – optional but adds an extra boost of nutrition, greens powder would also work!
- leafy greens – spinach or kale are your best bet
How to Make It
Add the milk to the blender first, then add everything else, except the protein powder. Put the lid on and start blending on low.
As it starts catching, increase the speed a little and blend until you have a smooth creamy mixture. Add the protein powder and blend a little more to mix it in.
Once you have a thick and creamy mixture, it’s ready to go! Scoop into a bowl, add toppings and enjoy!
- This recipe is best made in a high-speed blender such as Vitamix or Blentec.
- If you try it in a lower end blender and can’t get it to blend properly, just add a little more liquid and enjoy it as a drinkable smoothie. It will still be yummy!
- Don’t over blend. As the blender heats, it will melt the mixture smoothie and it won’t be as thick and creamy.
- Use the tamper. If your blender comes with a tamper, use it to blend on low and keep pushing the ingredients down. If needed, stop, remove the lid and break the mixture up with a spoon to keep it moving.
- Mango can be subbed with frozen peach, berries or a mixture of frozen fruit.
- fresh or dried fruit – berries, kiwi, chopped dates, raisins, sliced banana, goji berries etc.
- nut or seed butter – almond, peanut or sunflower seed butter, etc.
- cacao nibs
- nuts and seeds – almonds, walnuts, hemp seeds etc.
- cereal or granola
More Smoothie Recipes
- Blueberry Coconut Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Avocado Smoothie Bowl
- Turmeric Carrot Butternut Squash Smoothie Bowl
- Coconut Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
- Matcha Smoothie Bowl
Did you make this recipe? Click here to leave a review!Print
- Add the milk to a blender container, then add everything else, except for the protein powder.
- Start blending on slow, using the tamper as needed to push the ingredients down. Blend until everything is combined and you have a thick, creamy mixture. You may need to stop and stir occasionally or add up to another 1/4 cup of liquid if it won’t blend.
- Stir with a spoon to break up, then add the protein powder and continue blending on low to medium speed until the protein is combined.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl, add toppings and enjoy.
The mango can be substituted with frozen peach, cherries, strawberries, blueberries or any combination of these fruits.
Topping suggestions: fresh or frozen berries, sliced banana, apple, nut or seed butter, nuts and seeds, coconut, cacao nibs.
Keywords: green smoothie bowl, mango smoothie bowl