To go along with my some sweet potato patties, I made this beautiful green goodness dressing. We ate it over a bed of organic field greens, massaged kale and Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Black Bean Patties. The original recipe can be found here on Oh She Glows, one of my favourite blogs for vegan recipes.
Green Goodness Dressing
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 small avocados
- 8 tbsp water
- 5 tbsp apple cider vinegar*
- 3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice, to taste (I used the juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup packed green onion (dark green part only, not the white)
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- Pinch of cayenne (optional but recommended!)
- Sweetener, to taste ( I used about 1 tbsp of honey)
*Add all ingredients to blender or food procesoor except the apple cider vinegar, blend well. Add the apple cider vinegar slowly to taste as it has quite a strong, tangy flavour. I used the full 5 tbsp and it’s pretty tangy, but good. I would probably add a little less next time.
This can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It has a light, refreshing taste and the fresh herbs give it a wonderful fresh feel. Try it over salads, vegetables, pasta or as a dip. Enjoy!
Thanks Oh She Glows!