- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pecans in a food processor or high-powered blender and mix until it forms a flour.
- Add the coconut and mix until it forms a paste.
- Place the coconut pecan mixture in a bowl then add the flour and sea salt and stir to combine.
- Stir in the maple syrup, vanilla and almond butter and mix.
- Roll into 14 balls and place on a silicone mat or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Press a small well into each cookie using your finger. Carefully press any cracks in the dough back together if it breaks a little.
- Fill each well with your favourite jam.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (see notes) them a then remove from the oven and let cool completely before handling. This step is important and they need to firm up as they cool.
- Store them in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- If you like them a little gooey in the middle, bake for 10 minutes. For a more well done cookie, leave them for 12. Either way, let them cool before handing. I liked them with 10 minutes baking time.
Keywords: gluten-free thumbprint cookies, refined sugar-free, oil-free