- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (62 g)
- 1 tsp unprocessed stevia (sub 1–2 tbsp pure maple syrup or coconut sugar)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (7 g)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (a pinch of ground ginger and nutmeg or allspice are all yummy too)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water (measure exactly for best results)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (60 g)
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the water and pumpkin and fold everything together until all the flour is incorporated. It should be smooth and combined but not over-mixed.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Don’t start cooking until it’s fully heated. Spray with non-stick cooking spray if needed.
- Scoop the batter onto the pan to form 5 pancakes.
- Cook until they look cooked, firm and dry around the edges, approximately 4 minutes, flip and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
Keywords: chickpea flour, oil-free, sugar-free, pumpkin, fall, easy, for one