Garlic Rosemary Roasted Pepitas
Homemade roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds, if you’re unfamiliar) are officially my new favourite thing. I always have raw pepitas in the cupboard and eat them as a snack almost every day. I don’t know why it took me this long to roast them, especially when you only need a smidgen of oil and the flavour variations are endless!
I’ve made chili lime, cinnamon maple, sea salt and lemon and they were all awesome but these garlic rosemary roasted pepitas were my latest flavour combo and they. are. so. good.
Pepitas contain omega-3s as well as protein, fibre, magnesium, iron and zinc, making them an excellent addition to a plant-based diet. I love eating them on their own but they’re great on added to salads and other recipes too.
I always buy raw pumpkin seeds but you can also buy them roasted. Just make sure you check the ingredients if you’re buying them roasted as some of them have a ton of oil and salt added and the type of oil varies. I much prefer to just buy them raw and roast them to my liking.Print
- Pre-heat over to 325 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together until the pepitas are well coated.
- Spread onto a baking pan in one layer.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes, give the pan a shake every 3-4 minutes and be careful not to burn.
- When they’re crunchy and some are starting to turn golden brown, they’re done!
- Store in an air-tight container.