Garlic Rosemary Roasted Pepitas
Homemade roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds, if you’re unfamiliar) are officially my new favourite thing. I always have raw pepitas in the cupboard and eat them as a snack almost every day. I don’t know why it took me this long to roast them, especially when you only need a smidgen of oil and the flavour variations are endless!
Pepitas contain omega-3s as well as protein, fibre, magnesium, iron and zinc, making them an excellent addition to a plant-based diet. I love eating them on their own but they’re great on added to salads and other recipes too.
I always buy raw pumpkin seeds but you can also buy them roasted. Just make sure you check the ingredients if you’re buying them roasted as some of them have a ton of oil and salt added and the type of oil varies. I much prefer to just buy them raw and roast them to my liking.Print
- Pre-heat over to 325 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together until the pepitas are well coated.
- Spread onto a baking pan in one layer.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes, give the pan a shake every 3-4 minutes and be careful not to burn.
- When they’re crunchy and some are starting to turn golden brown, they’re done!
- Store in an air-tight container.