For the Salad
- 4 cups halved brussel sprouts, roasted
- 4 cups diced, squash of choice such as acorn, butternut or kabocha, roasted
- 4 small beets, diced and roasted, steamed or boiled
- 2 cups tightly packed, finely chopped kale
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
For the Tahini Maple Dressing
- To Roast the Brussel Sprouts. Place the halved brussel sprouts on a pan, drizzle with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 425 degrees until tender, about 30 minutes.
- To Roast the Squash. There are a few different ways you can cook squash but for this recipe I de-seeded it and roasted it in large chunks on a pan until tender. Once it was cooked, I peeled off the skin and diced it for the salad. I used 2 cups of kabocha squash and 2 cups of acorn squash, cooked at the same time as the brussel sprouts.
- To Cook the Beets. I peeled and chopped the beets and steamed them until tender. You can also boil them or roast them in the oven at the same time as the brussels and squash.
- To Make the Dressing. Add all the dressing ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
- To Assemble the Salad. Place everything in a large bowl, top with the dressing and mix well. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Keywords: bowl, healthy