For the Lentil Taco Filling
- 2 19 oz cans of cooked lentils, well rinsed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the Taco Toppings
- 1 diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup packed chopped cilantro
- 1 chopped avocado
- 4 grated carrots
- 1/2 cup salsa
- small corn or wheat tortillas
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the lentils and spices.
- Cook until completely heated while mashing with a large spoon. Continue cooking while you prepare the toppings.
- Prepare the green peppers, carrots, cilantro, avocado and salsa.
- Remove the mashed lentils from heat and place in a bowl.
- Set out the tortillas, begin by filling them with the lentil mixture and then add your toppings and enjoy.
Keywords: vegan tacos, lentil tacos, easy, healthy, weeknight, family, kid-friendly, vegetarian