- 2 tsp sesame oil (sub avocado or coconut oil, or water or broth for oil-free)
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 medium-sized white onion, sliced
- 1 heaping cup sliced white or crimini mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers (any colour), sliced
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hoisin sauce, for serving (or another homemade or store-bought sauce of choice, use 1-2 tbsp per bowl)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, for serving
For the Tempeh
- Add the tempeh ingredients to a container, mix and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil, broth or water, carrot, broccoli, onion, garlic and a pinch of salt and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the onions are softened.
- Add the rest of the veggies and cook for 4-5 minutes until everything is cooked al dente (slightly soft while still retaining some crunch).
- While the veggies are cooking, place the cubed tempeh on a baking tray and broil in the oven for 5-10 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Serve the stir fried veggies in a bowl with a scoop of brown rice, 1/4 of the crispy tempeh and a generous drizzle of hoisin sauce or another sauce of choice.
Keywords: easy stir fry, healthy, quick, weeknight, basic