This super easy baked oatmeal recipe is perfect for easy breakfasts and pre-workout snacking. Enjoy a slice warm from the oven topped with berries and peanut butter then store the rest for quick breakfasts all week.
- 2 cups rolled oats (150 g)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (approx. 220 grams)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds (14 g)
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional, enhances flavor)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional, enhances flavor)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional, enhances flavor)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the mashed banana in an 8×8 square baking dish. Use a fork to mash it into a smooth paste.
- Add the oats, flax, milk, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla and mix well.
- Bake in the oat mixture in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan before cutting into 6 squares. Serve right away or store in the fridge up to 4 days. The baked oatmeal squares can also be frozen for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
You can double the recipe and use a larger casserole-sized dish to make 12 oatmeal squares.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: bake, simple, bars