- Take the refrigerated coconut milk out of the fridge, open and scoop the thick cream off the top, leaving the leftover water behind.
- Place the cream in a bowl and whip vigorously with a spoon for about 30-45 seconds.
- Mix in the peanut butter and maple syrup and continue whipping until it’s creamy and fluffy.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Start melting the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler (set a glass or metal bowl over a pot of boiling water).
- Make a small slice down each medjool date, take out the pit and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Take the mousse out of the fridge and stuff a small spoonful into each date.
- Using a fork, drop a stuffed date into the melted chocolate and roll around until it’s completely covered.
- Place back the lined baking sheet.
- Continue with the rest of the dates until all the chocolate is used up.
- Place in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate has hardened.
- You will have extra peanut butter mousse from this recipe. Store it in the fridge to use as a dip for fruit, enjoy it as is, spread on banana bread or pancakes or use it for anything else you can think of!
- These will melt out of the fridge so keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- If you don’t have time or don’t want to make the mousse, you can just stuff the dates with peanut butter or almond butter then cover in chocolate. They’re amazing just like that too!
Keywords: chocolate covered dates, peanut butter dates, plant-based, easy