Delicious and healthy, vegan one pan curried quinoa and sweet potato that’s perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal or side dish.
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 g)
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1–2 cm cubes (150 g)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced (200 g)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red or green jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 ¼ cup vegetable broth (236 mL)
- 1 can (15 oz) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ¼ cup uncooked quinoa (225 g)
- 1 ½ cup canned diced tomatoes (14 oz can or half of a 28 oz can)
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, for topping (optional)
- Wash and chopped all the vegetables so you’re ready to go.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the sweet potato, onion, bell pepper and jalapenos, stirring frequently for about 6 minutes, until slightly tender.
- Add the spices, broth, chickpeas, quinoa, diced tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, cover and then reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally until the quinoa and sweet potato are cooked through, adding a little more broth if needed as it cooks.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary. Garnish with cilantro when ready to serve.
- This dish can be kept up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge, you can also freeze it up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 461 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 66 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 17 g
Keywords: one pan quinoa, curried quinoa