For the Curried Lentils
- 1 cup uncooked red lentils
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Bowls
- 4 carrots, approx. 2 heaping cups
- 1 white onion, spiced, approx. 2 cups
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, chopped, approx. 2 heaping cups
- salt and pepper
- 8 handfuls de-stemmed and chopped kale, approx. 8 cups
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Chop all the veggies and place on 2 silicone mat or parchment paper-lined baking trays in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then roast for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- While the veggies are roasting, bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Once boiling, add the red lentils, reduce heat to low, cover and lightly simmer for 12-15 minutes until the lentils are tender. Leave the pot on the element but turn the heat off. Stir in the coconut milk and spices and let sit to thicken until the veggies are done.
- Prepare the kale by tearing the leaves away from the thick stems and then chopping into bite-sized pieces. Add all the kale to a large skillet with a few splashes of water and cook for 5-6 minutes until dark green and softened.
- Divide the roasted veggies, curried lentils and kale into 4 servings. Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Keywords: curried lentil bowl, healthy, plant-based, oil-free, easy