- 2 lbs carrots, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the onion and garlic to a soup pot and simmer over medium heat in a few splashes of the vegetable stock.
- Once those have started to soften, add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the carrots are soft and easily pierced with a fork, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Carefully pour the soup into a blender and process until completely smooth, or use an immersion blender in the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cilantro, a squeeze of fresh lime juice and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
You can also toss all the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8. Once the carrots are soft and almost falling apart, blend and serve.