- 2 19 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (approx. 5 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, washed and diced (approx. 2/3 cup, 130 g)
- 2/3 cup golden raisins (130 g )
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (95 g)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped (1/3 cup , 20 g)
- 3 green onion, finely chopped (1/3 cup, 30 g)
- 1.5 tsp tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 cup vegan coconut yogurt – unsweetened (180 g)
- Take rinsed chickpeas, diced celery, raisins, walnuts, green onions and chopped cilantro and thoroughly mix in a medium sized bowl.
- Add all spices and seasoning into the bowl, with a wooden spoon stir until well coated, add coconut yogurt and mix until chickpeas are fully coated.
- Option to let stand to marinate for 10 minutes so the flavours can develop.
- Enjoy as is, with a bowl of mixed greens or in your favourite wrap. It can also be mashed up a bit to resembled chicken salad, which is great on sandwiches and in wraps.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Protein: 13 g
Keywords: curried chickpea salad, vegan chickpea salad