For the Quinoa
- 1 cup rinsed quinoa
- 2 cups water or 1 cup water and 1 cup vegetable broth
For the Salad
- 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (1.5 cups, 255 g)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (35 g)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion (40 g)
- 1/4 cup tahini (60 g)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (30 mL)
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (30 mL)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring the water (and broth, if using) to a boil in a medium saucepan. While you’re waiting, rinse the quinoa well under cold water.
- Add the quinoa to the boiling water, cover and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer lightly for 15 minutes then remove from the heat. Let it sit for 5 minutes then remove the lid and fluff with a fork.
- While the quinoa is cooking, add the rest of the ingredients to a mixing bowl or serving bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Once the quinoa is ready, add that to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Enjoy!
Storing: Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Not suitable for freezing.
Cooking Liquid: Suggested to cook the quinoa in 1 cup water and 1 cup broth for extra flavour.
Recipe makes 4 large side salads or light meals but can easily stretch to 6-8 smaller servings. Nutrition facts are for 4 approximately 1.5 cup servings.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 15 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 9 g
Keywords: chickpea quinoa salad, vegan quinoa salad