- 1 white onion, diced (approx. 2 cups, 350 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped (approx. 2 cups, 300 g)
- 4 cups peeled and cubed potato (660 g)
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower (250 g)
- 1/2 a medium zucchini, diced (approx. 1 cup, 125 g)
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups green peas (200 g)
- 1 x 19 oz. can chickpeas (approx. 2 cups)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute the onion and garlic in a splash of water or broth in a pot over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, turmericnad curry paste and continue stirring.
- Add all the veggies and continue cooking and stirring for a few minutes.
- Add the stock and coconut and simmer over low heat stirring occasionally for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the stew is starting to thicken.
- Stir in the peas and chickpeas, turn off the heat and let sit for another 5 minutes.
- Serve right away with fresh cilantro or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 51 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 11 g
Keywords: coconut milk, curried