- 1 white onion, diced (approx. 2 cups, 350 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped (approx. 2 cups, 300 g)
- 4 cups peeled and cubed potato (660 g)
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower (250 g)
- 1/2 a medium zucchini, diced (approx. 1 cup, 125 g)
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups green peas (200 g)
- 1 x 19 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (approx. 2 cups)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute the onion and garlic in 2 tbsp of water or broth in a large soup pot over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, turmeric and curry paste and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the broth, coconut milk and all the veggies except for the green peas. Simmer over low to medium heat for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the stew is starting to thicken.
- Stir in the green peas and chickpeas, turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes to heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed then serve hot topped with fresh cilantro.
Storing: Let cool then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freezer for up to 3 months. If frozen, thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat stovetop or in the microwave until heated to your preference.
Vegetable Options: Amounts don’t have to be exact. Use about 4 cups of hearty vegetables like squash, potato or sweet potato. The rest can be mixed and matched from carrot, cauliflower, zucchini and bell peppers.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 51 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 11 g
Keywords: chickpea potato stew, chickpea stew