- 1 onion, diced (3 cups, 400 g)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 can coconut milk (full-fat or light)
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed (4 cups, 450 g)
- 1 crown of cauliflower, chopped (5 cups, 500 g)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp organic sugar
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen (170 g)
- Cook the garlic and onions in a bit of the vegetable stock for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring for a few more minutes.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable stock, sweet potato and cauliflower.
- Simmer until the sweet potato is cooked through and very soft, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and sugar.
- Place the soup into a blender and process until smooth or use an immersion blender in the pot.
- After it’s smooth, place it all back in the pot and stir in the peas.
Keywords: sweet potato soup, easy, healthy, vegetarian, plant-based, curry