Who doesn’t love a quick and easy way to eat more veggies? Dole Chopped Salads make it just about as easy as can be to include more greens in your diet. They’re filled with whole food ingredients and act as a great base for salads and other kitchen creations. The more time I can save in the kitchen, the better…and the quicker I can get to the good part, eating delicious food!
Dole offers a number of chopped salad varieties such as the Summer Garden Blend and BBQ Ranch Salad Kit, but my personal favourite is the Chopped Asian Blend. It’s perfect for creating Asian-inspired dishes and pairs wonderfully with flavours like ginger, garlic, sesame and soy.
The Chopped Asian Blend is nice and crunchy and boasts the perfect combination of crunchy green and red cabbage, kale, broccoli slaw, snap peas and carrots. You can even use it in dishes like this Easy Asian Stir-Fry. It’s perfect for busy weeknights, just throw a whole bag in a bowl, add a simple, homemade dressing and pair it with your choice of protein. Presto! Dinner in minutes.
We wanted to create something healthy that you could include in your March Madness spread and everyone can enjoy. These Crispy Baked Tofu Collard Green Wraps with Sweet Hoisin Dipping Sauce were the perfect solution! Wrapped in nutritious collard green leaves, they’re so fresh and healthy you can dunk all you want!
The delicious Sweet Hoisin Dipping Sauce takes just minutes to make and is perfect for dunking the rolls in. It’s also a little addicting, be careful you don’t eat it all while you’re preparing the wraps!
These are really easy to make, especially with a bag of Dole Chopped Salads ready to go. There is a little bit of prep work involved with the tofu, but it’s completely worth it for the nice, crispy slices.
The key to crispy baked tofu is pressing it first to remove excess water, so be sure to follow that step in the recipe. Make the dipping sauce while your tofu is baking. Once your tofu is ready, all you have to do is roll, dunk and enjoy! Happy March Madness and happy dunkin’, everyone!Print
Crispy Baked Tofu Collard Green Wraps
DOLE Chopped Salads makes life easy and delicious in these Crispy Baked Tofu Collard Green Wraps.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 350g package of firm or extra-firm organic tofu, pressed
- Tofu Marinade:
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- For the wraps:
- 1 package DOLE Chopped Salads Asian Blend
- 1/2 a red pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 a yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 a orange pepper, finely sliced
- 1 bunch of collard greens
- Sweet Hoisin Dipping Sauce (see recipe below)
- Wrap the tofu block in a tea towel and place on a plate. Place something heavy on top and press for 20-30 minutes to remove excess water.
- Cut into thin strips and place in a shallow dish with the marinade ingredients. Marinade in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking pan.
- Place the tofu on the pan in one layer and bake for 35 minutes, flipping after 20 minutes.
- Prepare your collard green leaves by trimming off the course part of the stem.
- Add a handful of the DOLE salad mix to each leaf.
- Add a few pieces of each pepper and 3-4 pieces of tofu
- Roll up each leaf by tucking in the sides and then rolling down the middle. You can leave them whole or slice in half at this point.
- Serve with the Sweet Hoisin Dipping Sauce.
Sweet Hoisin Dipping Sauce
This dipping sauce pairs wonderfully with Asian-inspired dishes. It’s a little sweet and little sour. You can also use it as a marinade or stir fry sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Category: Dip, Sauce
- Cuisine: Asian, Vegan
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup or raw honey
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Makes approximately 1/2 cup.
Avocado Spring Rolls featuring DOLE Chopped Asian Blend
Avocado Spring Rolls featuring DOLE Chopped Asian Blend: One bite of these spring rolls and you’re transported to Asia. The creamy swirl of avocado wraps around the sweet crunch of DOLE Chopped Asian Blend, creating a full-flavored bite that’s perfect for dunking in sesame soy sauce this March.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6
- 1/2 pkg (12-oz) DOLE Chopped Asian Blend
- 3 medium DOLE Green Onions, trimmed and thinly sliced, include one-inch of the darker green leaves
- 1/4 cup DOLE Carrots, julienne sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe avocado, seeded
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 6 (8-inch) spring roll wrappers
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- Dipping Sauce: Whisk together 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons sesame oil,1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger and 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds.
- Combine salad blend, onions, carrots, rice vinegar, cilantro, sweet chili sauce, ginger and salt. Toss well and set aside.
- Mash avocado with lime juice and set aside.
- Soak two spring roll wrappers at a time in warm water 15 to 20 seconds or until just soften.
- Remove from water and gently pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place wrappers on work surface. Spread avocado mixture (1×6-inch rectangle) along the edge closest to you, leaving a one-inch border on both sides. Top avocado mixture with 1/3 cup salad mixture and two basil leaves. Roll it up like a burrito: fold side over the filling and roll up the spring roll.
- Repeat this step until all spring rolls are made.
- Serve spring rolls with dipping sauce.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
If you are not serving them right away, cover them with a damp towel and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap.
Disclaimer: I received compensation in exchange for writing this post. Although this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.