Crispy Baked Tofu Collard Green Wraps
These crispy baked tofu collard green wraps with sweet hoisin dipping sauce make a delicious, light and healthy vegan meal.
Dole offers a number of chopped salad varieties such as the Summer Garden Blend and BBQ Ranch Salad Kit, but my personal favourite is the Chopped Asian Blend. It’s perfect for creating Asian-inspired dishes and pairs wonderfully with flavours like ginger, garlic, sesame and soy.
The Chopped Asian Blend is nice and crunchy and boasts the perfect combination of crunchy green and red cabbage, kale, broccoli slaw, snap peas and carrots. You can even use it in dishes like this Easy Asian Stir-Fry. It’s perfect for busy weeknights, just throw a whole bag in a bowl, add a simple, homemade dressing and pair it with your choice of protein. Presto! Dinner in minutes.
These Crispy Baked Tofu Collard Green Wraps with Sweet Hoisin Dipping Sauce are easy to make, customizable and taste great. Wrapped in nutritious collard green leaves, they’re so fresh and healthy you can dunk all you want!
The delicious Sweet Hoisin Dipping Sauce takes just minutes to make and is perfect for dunking the rolls in. It’s also a little addicting, be careful you don’t eat it all while you’re preparing the wraps!
These are really easy to make, especially with a bag of Dole Chopped Salads ready to go. There is a little bit of prep work involved with the tofu, but it’s completely worth it for the nice, crispy slices.
The key to crispy baked tofu is pressing it first to remove excess water, so be sure to follow that step in the recipe. Make the dipping sauce while your tofu is baking. Once your tofu is ready, all you have to do is roll, dunk and enjoy! Happy March Madness and happy dunkin’, everyone!Print
For the Crispy Baked Tofu
- 1 350g package of firm or extra-firm organic tofu, pressed
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
For the Collard Green Wraps
- 1 package DOLE Chopped Salads Asian Blend
- 1/2 a red pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 a yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 an orange pepper, finely sliced
- 1 bunch of collard greens
For the Sweet Hoisin Dipping Sauce
- Wrap the tofu block in a tea towel and place on a plate. Place something heavy on top and press for 20-30 minutes to remove excess water.
- Cut into thin strips and place in a shallow dish with the marinade ingredients. Marinade in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking pan.
- Place the tofu on the pan in one layer and bake for 35 minutes, flipping after 20 minutes.
- Prepare your collard green leaves by trimming off the course part of the stem.
- Add a handful of the DOLE salad mix to each leaf.
- Add a few pieces of each pepper and 3-4 pieces of tofu
- Roll up each leaf by tucking in the sides and then rolling down the middle. You can leave them whole or slice in half at this point.
- To make the dipping sauce, mix the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Serve with the Sweet Hoisin Dipping Sauce.
Disclaimer: I received compensation in exchange for writing this post. Although this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.