- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed (approx. 2 lb. squash, peeled and seeded)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 12 oz. linguine (or pasta of choice or zucchini or other veggie noodles)
- 4 cups kale, de-stemmed and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the squash is soft, approximately 20-25 minutes. The liquid should reduce by about half, but add a bit more if needed as it cooks.
- While the squash is cooking, cook the linguine according to package instructions in a large pot of salted water. Once it’s cooked, strain while reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Once the squash is cooked, add the mixture to a blender and puree until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add the puree back into the pan. Add the kale, peas, pasta and the 1 cup of reserved liquid. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the kale is soft.
Adapted from Creamy Butternut Squash Linguine with Fried Sage by Cookie and Kate.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 438
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 500 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 87 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 16 g
Keywords: healthy, fall