- 1 12 oz (340 g) package of whole fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- optional: 1 navel orange to make 1 tsp orange zest and add a squeeze of orange juice
- Add the cranberries and maple syrup to a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a light boil over medium high heat, stirring often. If you’re using the orange, squeeze in the juice from half the navel orange and add the orange zest.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and continue cooking until the cranberries have burst and broken down and the sauce is thickened to your preference, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely at room temperature.
- If serving soon, transfer it to a serving dish and chill in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. If storing for later, transfer to a sealable container and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Keywords: healthy, easy, homemade, cranberry orange sauce