For the Coconut Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- 3 cups cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 3 tbsp coconut milk (canned, full-fat)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the Maple Pecan Sauce
- Add the cooked sweet potato, coconut milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and sea salt to a bowl and whip with a hand held mixture or stand mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes. If you don’t have an electric mixture, no problem, just whisk it all up with a spoon or fork.
- Once they’re ready, spoon into a serving dish or individual servings.
- Add the maple syrup to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat, this should take 3-5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the nuts, bring back to a boil then drizzle over top of the whipped sweet potatoes and serve immediately.
Listed cooking time does not include the time it takes to cook the sweet potato. To bake the sweet potato, slice 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and place face down on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees until you can easily pierce them with a fork. This should take anywhere from 25-45 minutes depending on how large they are. Once cooked, scoop the flesh out of the skin and proceed with the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 21.2g
- Sodium: 248mg
- Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2.3g
Keywords: coconut sweet potatoes, vegan thanksgiving sweet potatoes