I’m so excited that soup season has arrived! You can definitely expect tons of soup recipes in the coming months, kicking off with this incredible Coconut Ginger Carrot Soup. This soup is soup-er (see what I did there) easy to make and has the most amazing, slightly sweet and perfectly savour flavour. If you love flavours like coconut and ginger, you’re going to love this filling, nourishing carrot soup.
Start with Soups
If you’re new to a plant-based diet, homemade soups are a great place to start. They’re inexpensive, very easy to make and the flavour possibilities are endless! Plus, you only need a few ingredients to create most flavourful and nutritious meals.
Try some of my other favourites:
- Healthy Kale and Cauliflower Soup
- Creamy and Cheesy Vegan Broccoli Soup
- Creamy Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Healthy Vegetable Chowder
During the Fall and Winter months, I make one or two soups every week for food prep. They’re so easy, they keep well and even improve after a day or two, they’re healthy and filling and there’s nothing easier than heating up a bowl of soup after a long day when you don’t feel like cooking.
Coconut Ginger Carrot Soup
Creamy is where I went with this incredible coconut ginger carrot soup. Did you have hear so many delicious flavours in one recipe title. Even better, this soup is an amazing immunity-booster just in time for cold and flu season. The fresh ginger, carrot, garlic and onion are all packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to help your body defend itself this season.
To help stay healthy this cold and flu season, think rainbows when you’re creating meals. The more colour you can get in your diet, the better, making this soup the perfect place to start.
To make this nourishing, creamy soup, you’ll cook up some onion, garlic and ginger then add the carrots, spices, coconut milk and vegetable stock and let it all simmer away until the carrots are tender. Once it’s ready, give it a quick blend or use an immersion blender to create a smooth and creamy soup. Serve with a drizzle of coconut milk, cilantro and lime.Print
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion and garlic in either a bit of olive oil, vegetable stock or water for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ginger and carrot and continue stirring.
- Stir in the spices and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth and let simmer lightly, uncovered for about 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through.
- Either using an immersion blender or by placing the soup in a blender or food processor, puree until smooth and creamy.
- If needed, add additional salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Optional: serve with diced green onion, fresh cilantro and fresh lime.
If you find it to be too thick when you’re done, simply stir in some extra vegetable stock, water or non-dairy milk.