- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add the coconut flakes to a medium or large mixing bowl.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a small dish then pour over the coconut flakes.
- Fold together until all the coconut flakes are coated.
- Spread the coconut flakes on a baking sheet in an even layer. They can be made directly on the pan or you can use parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Bake for 10 minutes then stir and flip. Spread back into an even layer. Continue baking in 3-5 minute increments until dark golden brown. Watch carefully once it starts turning brown as it will burn very quickly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on the pan.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
Keywords: oil-free, no liquid smoke, healthy, best, plant-based