Chopped Vegetable Thai Salad
This healthy, vegan Chopped Vegetable Thai Salad with Pad Thai sauce is easy to make and packed with flavour. With just some chopping and blending to do, this dish comes together in under 20 minutes. Try it with baked tofu or tempeh for added protein.
The great thing about this dish is it can eaten as a delicious side or amped up with some plant-based protein for a filling meal. I added a big scoop of hemp seeds to mine tonight to make it a meal. It would be awesome with some tempeh or baked tofu too.
You can sub out any of the veggies for whatever else you have on hand. Any cabbage works, broccoli would be a nice addition and if you can’t find daikon you can use a bit of extra cucumber or carrot.
Quick and Easy
It only took about 15 minutes from start to finish and was so filling! The recipe makes a lot of dressing, so either eat the extra with a spoon (I totally didn’t do that), or store it in the fridge for another day. Or just go ahead and use it all for an extra, extra creamy Thai-flavoured slaw.Print
- 1/2 red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/2 a daikon, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 heads mini bok choy, finely chopped
- 1 orange pepper, finely sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup all-natural nut butter (I used cashew, almond or peanut would work too)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari (sub soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup water (add extra 1 tbsp at a time to adjust consistency)
This makes quite a lot of sauce. You can use it all if you like it really creamy or you can store the extra in the fridge for about 1 week.
Keywords: chopped vegetable thai salad