You only need four wholesome ingredients to make these healthy, no-bake chocolate coffee energy bites!
- 1 cup (140 g) raw cashews
- 3 tbsp (20 g) coffee beans
- 1 cup (225 g) packed. soft pitted dates
- 1/4 cup (35 g) finely chopped dark chocolate or vegan chocolate chips
- Place the cashews and coffee beans in a food processor and break down into a coarse, grainy flour. A few larger bites left behind are ok but it should be fairly fine overall.
- Add the dates and process into a thick, sticky dough. You should easily be able to pinch the mixture between your fingers. If it’s too crumbly (this can happen if your dates were too dry), add 1 tsp warm water and process again. Check to see if you can squeeze the dough together, if not, repeat 1-2 times as needed.
- Add the chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate and pulse a few times to mix throughout.
- Use your hands to roll the dough into 12 balls.
Be sure to use decaf beans if you’re sensitive to caffeine or plan to consume these later in the day.
The dough can also be pressed into a parchment paper-lined pan and then cut into energy bars if you prefer.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 3 months. Okay at room temperature for 1-2 days if taking to-go, longer if kept cool.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 148 calories
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: chocolate coffee energy balls, coffee chip energy balls