These chocolate chia bars are super easy to make, you only need a few ingredients and there is no baking or blending required. Stash a batch in the freezer to keep cravings at bay and provide a boost of energy and nutrition whenever you need it.
- 1.5 cups (165 g) quick oats
- 1/4 cup (60 g) unsweetened fine or medium shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup (25 g) cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup (50 g) chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional but I love the hint of salt)
- 1/4 cup (75 g) natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (50 g) melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (80 g) pure maple syrup
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir the peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup together in a bowl until smooth, creamy and completely combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Line a 7-8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper so the ends stick out over the edges of the pan.
- Add the mixture and firmly press it down into the pan. Take a few minutes to really press it in, this will help them stick together better.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Lift the bars out of the pan and cut into 10 bars. Store in the freezer in a sealed container or freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
These bars need to be kept in the freezer or fridge to hold together properly. FYI, they taste amazing pulled straight from the freezer!
The salt is optional but recommended. I love the sweetness from the maple syrup combined with the sea salt. Tastes amazing!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 246
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 23 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: chocolate chia bars, chia energy bars