- 1/2 cup (125 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup (68 g) organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 g) sunflower seed butter (or almond or peanut butter)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (100 g) rolled oats blended into fine oat flour
- 1.5 cups (190 g) cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup (85 g) dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the applesauce, sugar and nut or seed butter, baking powder and salt to a mixing bowl and stir until smooth and combined.
- Make some oat flour if you don’t have any prepared, then add the oat flour and quinoa and gently fold to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Prepare a baking tray with a quick spray of non-stick cooking spray or use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto the baking tray to make 12 cookies. You can use your fingers to shape them a bit but no need to be perfect.
- Bake for 26 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before storing. The cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to 4 days in an air-tight container, in the fridge for about a week or frozen for up to 2 months.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 99 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: quinoa cookies, vegan quinoa cookies