- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the applesauce, sugar and nut or seed butter, baking powder and salt to a mixing bowl and stir until smooth and combined.
- Make some oat flour if you don’t have any prepared, then add the oat flour and quinoa and gently fold to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Prepare a baking tray with a quick spray of non-stick cooking spray or use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto the baking tray to make 12 cookies. You can use your fingers to shape them a bit but no need to be perfect.
- Bake for 26 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before storing. The cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to 4 days in an air-tight container, in the fridge for about a week or frozen for up to 2 months.
Keywords: quinoa cookies, healthy, simple, breakfast, oil-free, dairy-free