These chili garlic parsnip fries make a fun and healthy snack or side to a healthy veggie burger or sandwich. They’re high in fiber, low in fat and carbs, and have a slightly sweet yet salty and spicy flavor.
- 2 lb parsnips
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Peel the parsnips and trim off the tops and ends.
- Slice into fries, keeping them as consistently-sized as possible for best results.
- Add them to a bowl with the olive oil and spices and toss to combine.
- Spread the fries on the baking sheets in one layer. Do not overlap.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flip the fries then bake for another 10-12 minutes until lightly browned, tender but crispy. Be careful not to burn.
I’ve had best results using parchment paper for baking these. Purchase here.
Keywords: parsnip fries, low-fat fries, low-carb fries