For the Tahini Maple Dressing
- 4 tbsp tahini (60 g)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3–6 tbsp water, plus more as needed to adjust consistency
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
For the Chickpea Salad
- 8 heaping cups of mixed salad greens, arugula or spinach (2 cups per salad)
- 4 cups very finely sliced red cabbage (1 cup per salad, use a mandoline if you have one)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (1/4 cup per salad, or raisins or chopped dates)
- 12 tbsp hemp seeds (3 tbsp per salad, or other nut or seed of choice such as pepitas, walnuts or raw sunflower seeds)
- 19 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (1/2 cup per salad)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (1/2 cup per salad)
- To make the tahini maple dressing, whisk all the ingredients together until smooth. Start with 3 tbsp water and slowly as needed until it’s thick and creamy but pourable.
- I like to make this salad as individual servings but you can also make it in one large mixing then divide it between 4-6 servings. To make as individual portions, start with bed of 2 cups of greens in each bowl. Top each with equal amounts of the rest of the ingredients.
- Top each with a generous drizzle of the tahini maple dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 388
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Fiber: 16 g
- Protein: 19 g
Keywords: blueberry chickpea salad, blueberry salad