- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) and line a 7 or 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper so it sticks out over the edges of the pan.
- Place all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor. Process on high speed for 15-30 seconds or until completely smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine or fold them in with a spoon.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan, smoothing out the top with a spatula or spoon. Sprinkle the top with a few extra chocolate chips, if you like.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 26-27 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan completely or for at least 2 hours before lifting out with the parchment paper and slicing into 16 squares. It’s important to let them cool before handling as they’ll be mushy and fragile until they cool. Once they cool completely, they will be firm. I like to cool for 1 hour at room temperature and then place the pan in in the fridge for another hour before slicing.
Note that these have a light chickpea flavour and soft texture. They are not a decadent dessert but more of healthier treat option you can enjoy any time. They may not be for everyone but if you’re looking for a sweet treat to fit into your nutrition plan, they’re great!
- Serving Size: 1 blondie
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 91 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: chickpea blondies, vegan chickpea blondies