These healthy Chia Seed Overnight Oats with Strawberry Coulis are delicious, nourishing and super easy to make. Simply add the chia seed overnight oat mixture to a container and let sit in the fridge overnight. In the morning, layer your chia seed oats with fresh strawberry coulis and dig in!
PRANA is a family-owned Canadian company born out of the love for food and the belief that food can fuel our appetite for love. These guys are speaking my language. PRANA was created with a vision to make positive and meaningful changes in the corporate Landscape and Western consumer culture and they promote wholesome living through good nourishment. How awesome is that?
They specialize in delicous 100% organic, gluten-free and gmo-free snacks. They’re products are vegan, kosher, preservative-free, sulfite-free and about all, free of compromise. They’re doing something right because in 2015 they obtained the B corporation certification, awarded to companies that meet rigorous standards of environmental performance, accountability and transparency.
I’ve actually been buying PRANA products from my local natural food store for a while now. I love their organic dried figs, dried mango and dates and all their dried fruits, organic nuts, coconut chips, delicious trail mixes and superfoods like chia seeds make the perfect snacks for my active lifestyle.
BLT Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado
I had a hard time deciding what kind of recipe to share in this post. I had the opportunity to try two innovative lines from PRANA: Proactivchia and Coconut Chips, as well as their best-selling Kilimanjaro Deluxe Chocolate Mix.
Before we get to the recipe, I must say I’m totally obsessed with PRANA Dry Roasted Coconut Chips. I love them on their own as a snack, sprinkled on smoothie bowls for a sweet and salty treat or my favourite, used to make vegan BLT sweet potato toast!
I’ve been having my PRANA coconut chip, lettuce, tomato and avocado sweet potato toasts almost daily for my post-workout meal. The coconut chips are crunchy, salty and have an amazing rich, savoury flavour making them the perfect alternative to bacon.
How to Make BLT Sweet Potato Toast
1. Slice two pieces of sweet potato, about 1/4 inch thick and pop them in the toaster. Depending on your toaster, they may take 2-4 runs through to cook. Mine are usually ready in 3.
2. Once they’re tender, top each sweet potato toast with some mashed avocado, crispy lettuce, a slice of fresh tomato and then sprinkle with PRANA Dry Roasted Coconut Chips. I love the Chili Lime flavour but the BBQ or Salt & Pepper would also be awesome!
3. You can also try layering one sweet potato toast and placing the other on top for a sweet potato toast BLT sandwich! Give it a try!
PRANA for Whole Food Workout Snacks
You guys know I like to stick to whole foods whenever possible for fuelling my active lifestyle. PRANA has a wide range of healthy, whole food snacks that are perfect for all your fitness adventures. For hiking, I love the popular Kilimanjaro Deluxe Chocolate Mix. For long walks on the Vancouver seawall, I’ll bring some of their organic figs, mulberries or dried apricots and oil-free sea-salted cashews or almonds. For CrossFit competitions, my bag gets packed with sweet potato puree, fresh fruits, PRANA dried fruits and trail mix and a few servings of chia seed pudding made with PRANA ProactivChia.
I believe wholesome, nourishing foods are the best choice when it comes to feeling energized and ready to go!
Organic ProactivChia Seeds
After much debate I decided on sharing a chia seed overnight oats recipe because PRANA chia seeds are pretty cool, they’re a blend of probiotics and chia seeds. I’ve been really interested in digestion and gut health lately so I thought I’d share a digestion-supporting chia pudding recipe made with PRANA ProactivChia.
Prana ProactiveChia’s 2 probiotic strains (Lactobacillus acidophilus LAFTI L10® & Lactobacillius Helveticus R-0052®) provide live microorganisms which contribute to healthy gut flora while chia adds fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and calcium to your diet. ProactivChia is the fusion of two beneficial foods, a 2-in-1 solution perfect for busy mornings. Get all the goodness of chia combined with 4 BILLION LIVE probiotics in just one portion!
- ProactivChia is a vegan, organic, gluten-free, kosher and GMO-free whole food that can be added to your favorite dishes: cereals, yogurts, smoothies, juices, sauces, salads, dressings and more.
- ProactivChia can be used the same way than regular chia but cooking or heating is not recommended, as it will destroy the live probiotics.
- ProactivChia is offered in whole black and ground black seeds.
Chia Seed Overnight Oats with Strawberry Coulis
Chia seed pudding is one of my favourite breakfasts, desserts and snacks! It’s hydrating, high in protein and with added fruits and oats, it’s also amazing as a pre or post-workout snack.
There are so many different varieties you can make too so you never get bored! I love a simple vanilla chia pudding made with almond milk, maple syrup and pure vanilla extract, chocolate chia pudding is amazing, as is fruit-loaded chia pudding parfaits with granola.
For this recipe, I decided to pair my chia seed pudding with overnight oats for a breakfast that will keep you going long into the morning or power you through a tough workout. Banana, vanilla, chia seeds and oats work together overnight and in the morning they’re layered with a delicious, fresh strawberry coulis.
Since I had PRANA Kilimanjaro mix on hand, I decided why not use some as a topping! Chocolate, walnuts, almonds, cashews, cranberries and raisins? It did not disappoint.
I hope you guys enjoy this wholesome and nourishing breakfast dish.Print
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3 tbsp Prana ProactivChia
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Add the oats, Prana Proactivchia, banana, sweetener, vanilla and almond milk to a container and mix well to combine.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, blend the strawberries and maple syrup to make a coulis, then layer in a jar with the chia seed overnight oats.
- Top with a strawberry, sliced banana and Prana Kilimanjaro Deluxe Chocolate Mix.
Disclaimer: This conversation has been sponsored by PRANA. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Running on Real Food.