- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large pot, cook the onions in the olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper and dijon and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the milk, broth and broccoli.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Turn off heat and stir in nutritional yeast and lemon juice.
- Remove about 1/2 of the soup and puree in a blender.
- Pour it back into the pot with the remaining soup.
- Serve with toasted sourdough bread. Makes 4 large dinner-sized portions or 8 sides.
If you’re unsure of where to find nutritional yeast in your area, you can purchase it on Amazon here.