- 1 onion, 350 g
- 1 tbsp ginger, 10 g
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tomato, 200 g
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 head cauliflower, riced, approx. 6 cups, 750 g
- 4 tbsp packed finely chopped cilantro
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 tsp organic cane sugar
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger to a pan with a few splashes of the vegetable stock. Cook until it starts to soften, about 5 minutes. Add a little extra of the stock if needed.
- Add all the spices and the tomato and stir to combine, adding a bit more stock.
- Add the cauliflower rice, cilantro, coconut milk and the rest of the stock.
- Simmer lightly until the cauliflower is tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and lime juice.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro.
- I make my riced cauliflower in seconds in the food processor. Simply break your cauliflower crown into small pieces, toss it in and pulse until it has the consistency of rice. If you don’t have a food processor you can use a blender but may need to add cold water so it doesn’t get jammed up. Alternatively, you can use a hand grater but I don’t like the texture of grated cauliflower as much.
- If you make 6 servings out of this the servings are on the smaller side, so feel free to make 3-4 servings instead! It will still only be around 200 calories per serving so if you’re hungry or need more energy, definitely increase the serving size.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 106 calories
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: low-carb, cauliflower rice, easy, healthy, plant-based, fast